Building Bridges of Hope
The aim of the department is to reach the community, both within the Church and externally, with an open, responsible, and hope-filled communication programme through the effective use of modern technologies and methods of communication.
The communication department is involved in all the departments and programs of the church. It brings together the various communication technologies, skills and talents to effectively and efficiently communicate the values and mission of the church. Communication department functions include the following:
- Recommending, developing and coordinating an overall communication strategy for Karengata SDA church.
- Providing a timely, regular and frequent news and information service to the church members and external media.
- Management of Karengata church's website, news and media relations, as well as editorial responsibilities connected with church publications, bulletins, etc.
- Managing the Audio-Visual systems in church and supporting outreach missions on the same.
- Maintaining required databases, including bio files, photos and fact files.
- Developing and recommending strategies for the various media ministries, such as radio, television, multi-media, Internet evangelism and outreach programs; providing assistance on the development and/or employment of new technologies.
- Ensure that a good public image of the church is maintained, the proper use of the church's cooperate identity (logo, family identifier, etc).
- Lead out in the planning, production, and operation of exhibits at functions in and out of church
- Maintain an archive of the history of the local church.
In line with the functions listed above.
Leader: Bro. Stephen Kinanga